What is Coaching?
Coaching is an equal Partnership
The coach and client create an equal partnership. The client determines their own goals, tasks, and focus of the session. The coach supports the client and holds them accountable to fulfilling their larger goals.
Coaching is NOt therapy or Consulting
Coaches don't give advice or implement solutions. Coaching is focused on the future and creating actionable strategies for achieving specific goals. Coaches discuss emotions with clients through the lens of what their feelings mean to them versus connecting their feelings to the past.
Clients are the expert on themselves
Coaches view their client as whole, creative, resourceful humans, not a person who needs to be fixed. A coach is an expert on changing behavior and helps facilitate the client's inner resources.
Examples of Services Coaches can provide
- Set achievable wellness goals.
- Help clients understand their motivations and habits.
- Discuss obstacles to adhering to wellness goals.
- Help clients understand their values and strengths.
- Explore or/ guide clients to resources to locate professionals or information.
- Offer a cooking demonstration.
- Provide support and accountability to achieving wellness goals.
- Help clients cultivate mindful attitude and habits.
Photography provided by Leah Fisher Arsenault